Dr. Samy was born and grew up in UK where he graduated in Dentistry in 1997 having also intercalated a BSc in Anatomy and Cell Biology. Through a depth of experience and training, he became a Specialist in both Oral Surgery and Periodontology and is therefore accredited on two UK Specialist Lists.
In addition to his specialisation, Dr. Samy also completed a post-graduate University Diploma in Conscious Sedation in Dentistry so is therefore particularly skilled at managing patients who are anxious about their dental treatment. Furthermore, he completed a Master in Laws so carries a strong medico-legal ethos into his clinical practice, in particular practicing patient-centred ethical dentistry.
Dr. Samy is a Consultant Periodontist at Dr. Tosun’s Clinic and is happy to see any patient with gum diseases. As gum disease is largely a painless silent disease that dissolves the bone that holds teeth, Dr. Samy always encourages patients to be screened to check for any undiagnosed disease that they may be unaware of.
Despite working in London, Dr. Samy lives in Dubai with his wife and young son and readily sees our periodontal patients while here. Outside of work, Dr. Samy is a passionate Liverpool football supporter, and always carefully co-ordinates his London visits to coincide with when Liverpool are playing so he can attend the matches.
Dr. Samy is the Owner, Founder and Director of two large healthcare organisations in London, where he predominantly works, managing some 500 patients a month. His clinical experience is therefore amongst the highest available in Dubai.
the citations for my publications:
- Darwish S. The Management of the Muslim Dental Patient. British Dental Journal. Vol. 199. No. 8. Oct 22 2005
- Darwish S. The Management of the Muslim Dental Patient. The British Dental Nurses Journal. Edition 4. Vol 64. Autumn 2005. pp 16-17.
- Madi H.A., Darwish S., Khamis A.H. & Hussein I.. Referral Patterns of Paediatric Oral Surgery Cases: A Pilot UAE Survey of Dentists’ Opinions. P45. British Society of Paediatric Dentistry, Annual Scientific Meeting, Leeds, UK. 13th-16th September 2016.
- Madi H.A., Darwish S., Khamis A.H. & Hussein I.. Referral Patterns of Paediatric Oral Surgery Cases: A Pilot UAE Survey of Dentists’ Opinions. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, Volume 26 – Suppl. 1 September 2016. ISSN 09607439
- Madi H.A., Darwish S., Bain C. & Khamis A.H. Evaluation the influence of crown-implant ratio on short implants supporting single crowns in the posterior maxilla and mandible: A retrospective analysis. PBI551. European Association of Osseointegration 25th Annual Scientific Meeting, Paris, France. 29th September-1st October 2016.
- H. Madi, S. Darwish, C. Bain, A. Khamis. Evaluation of the influence of crown-implant ratio on short implants supporting single crowns in the posterior maxilla and mandible: a retrospective analysis. Clinical Oral Implants Research 27(S13):448· September 2016.
- Madi HA, Darwish S, Kowash M, Khamis, AH, Hussein, I. Referral Patterns of Pediatric Oral Surgery Cases: A Pilot Survery of UAE Dentists. Brazilian Research in Pediatric Dentistry and Intergrated Clinics. Vol 18. No 1. 2018.
- Darwish, S., Patel, A., Steed, P. and Stagnell, S. Abducens Nerve Palsy. An uncommon complication of removal of an upper wisdom tooth under local anaesthesia. Oral Surg (2020). doi:10.1111/ors.12484
- Darwish, S. COVID-19 Considerations in Dental Care. Dent Update 2020; 47(4): 287-302 https://doi.org/10/12968/denu.2020.47.4.287
- Shembesh T, Stagnell S, Knapman E, Tawfik A and Darwish S. Common Mistakes and Near Misses in London’s IMOS Referral Process. Oral Surg 13(S1) (2020) 3-12
- Darwish S, El-Boghdadly K, Abdelmajeed M, Belhaj W, Shembesh T. Moving on from AAA: the 3Ps and 3Rs protocol for remote management of dental patients. Dent Update 2020; 47(11): 900-905
- Darwish S, El-Boghdadly K, Edney C, Babbar A, Shembesh T. Respiratory Protection in Dentistry. British Dental Journal. Vol. 230. No. 4. Feb 26 2021. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41415-021-2657-0.